ShowCAD Artist 3
After more than ten years of continuous development, the most powerful lighting control software on the planet just gets better and better.
Artist 3 Key Features
- Nightclub: Artist has a long history as a go-to system for discotheque and nightclubs
- Gymnasium: Trainer Cues from tablet, playback control etc
- Therapy Room: Lighting mood setting and media playback
- Fountains: Fountain device and lighting control with time code audio source
- Public Spaces: Hotel lobbies, restaurants, bar, museums
- Set Piece Theatre: Son et lumière, theme park vignettes
- Experience: Theme park rides, tour guides, installation art etc.
- DMX Output: Output via USB/DMX, Artnet, Kinet, PathPort. There is no limit to the number of universes that can be defined other than the power of the PC.
- System Commands: Internal commands for triggering functions within Artist. These can be used with Cues or to Patch external devices to Artist.
- MIDI Input/Output: USB connected MIDI interfaces can send or receive messages via System Commands
- Audio: External audio triggers with adjustable filters
- DMX Input: Artist can receive 1 universe of DMX data via Artnet and connect to System Commands
- Industrial Automation Data: Digital and Analogue data can be sent and received and connected to Artist via System Command
- Serial Data: Serial data connect as COM ports can be connected via System Commands
- Network Text Data: Simple text messages from an external device connected on TCP/IP can directly access System Commands
- Complex Fixture Profiles: Artist has a comprehensive library of Fixture Profiles. In addition, it has a Profile Wizard that steps through creating a new Profile. These Profiles are used to create instances of Fixture install on the DMX outputs.
- Fixture Control: The parameters of a fixture can be controlled with Linear, X/Y, Polar, Colour Mix and Selector control defined in the Profile. There is a graphical representation of the DMX output.
- Cue Lists: These lists contain Cues which are the central playback objects. There can be any number of Cue Lists, and they can interact or be independent of one another.
- Scenes: These are like macros. They can contain stepped sequence and used over and over by Cues.
Chase: These are available for every parameter of a fixture and can be customised.
- Effects: Effects are available for every parameter of a fixture and can be customised for the type of parameter (i.e. yoke, mirror, colour mix etc)
System Commands: These commands can be used to access most functions of the system e.g. play media file, activate Cue List, send MIDI message, close Artist, start time code etc.
- Interlocked: Each Cue within the list is interlocked, meaning that only one Cue can be on at one time.
- Momentary: The Cue is on while the button is pressed. Think of it like a manual flash List.
- Latched: Each Cue is independent and can be toggled on or off.
- House lights: All the Cues are active, and the Cues are controlled via faders. Presets can be used to fade from one state to another.
- Events: The Cues in the list can be triggered from time coded events
- Global Interlock: The Cues in this list can deactivate Cues in other specified Lists.
- Global Solo: Cues in this list temporarily deactivate Cue in other specified list - which are restored if the Cue is deactivated.
- Priority: Cues in this list are output to a Priority channel that overrides data from other Cue lists.
- Daylight Harvesting: This feature takes light level data from a connect IA device and uses it to control the level of Cues. This is useful for reducing energy use.
- Cue Lists Panel: This a panel that shows only the Cue Lists selected to the operator. The lists can be selected, and the Cues contained can be activated via mouse or touch screen.
- Fader Panel: This panel displays faders connected to any list or cue. These will live track any change made elsewhere within the system. This panel has House light specific functions.
- Master Panel: This contains Global Level and Rate control, Blackout and other global functions.
- Cue Panel: This panel shows specific Cues only.
- Multiple Instance: You can create multiple instances of this panel specifically for low resolution screens.
- Remote: Multiple tablets with the remote version of the panel can be customised for each location.
- Patching: Patching facilitates connect external devices to internal System Commands
- List Events: Events can be directly connected to a Cue List to automatically activate and deactivate Cues.
- Event scripts: Scripts connect events to System Commands that can access all System functions.
- MIDI Time Code: An MTC stream can be used to trigger System Commands at specific times on the stream.
- Time-of-Day: An RTC script triggers Systems Commands at specific times of day.
- Media Events: Audio and Video files can be played with Artist and the time stream can be used to trigger events.
- Audio Files: These can be played and output through any number of installed output devices or channels. The time stream from multiple running files can be tracked in a script or connected to a Cue List’s events.
- Video Files: These can be played and displayed on any connected screen. Multiple playing file can stream events to the system.
- Workspace: These are files that make up the workspace. They are,
.fix, .scn, .clt, .jopf and some others.
- Profiles: The fixture profiles are contained in a .fpf file.
- Backup: Each time a workspace is saved, Artist copies the previous save to an archive file. In this way, you can restore previous versions of your workspace.
- Log: This file stores Artist loading and errors for diagnostics.
- Activity: Artist can log Cue activity. It shows when cues are activated and deactivated.
- Chronometer: This file logs the hours of System use.
Massive LED Arrays Made Easy
- 64,000+ DMX output channels (128 universes) to control a potential 20,000+ RGB fixtures
- Full two-dimensional matrixing across all DMX universes
- Fully variable colour pattern generators for a huge number of automated looks
- Real time video to DMX sampling from video files or live video input
Moving Light Magic
- Hundreds of fixture control templates for moving lights and colour changers from 50+ manufacturers
- Fully variable effects generators for a huge number of automated colour, beam, focus and movement sequences
- Full macro programming of multiple fixture colour, beam, focus and movement parameters
- RS232/422 output for video sources, switches etc.
- RS232 input for system control
- SMPTE / EBU time code synchronisation
- Full and accurate MIDI message input/output capability
- MIDI time code synchronisation
- External audio triggers with adjustable filters
- Sync to audio files off disc
- Real time clock with Global 365-day calendar function
- DMX in over USB and Ethernet (PathPort protocol)
- Radio and IR remote control
- Remote control over local network and internet
Exceptional Ease of Use
- Full complement of ‘Wizards’ to guide rig and channel set-up procedures
- Complete ‘snagging’ toolset to find and adjust errant channels or fixtures
- Built-in templates for MIDI keyboards and control panels
- Situation-specific operator user interface screens
Artist 3 provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to allow simplified control for users. The GUI is particularly effective when used with a touch-screen monitor.