In the event of finding a bug giving us good information can help resolve the matter quickly. For the most part, depending on the current development phase, bugs can be fixed within a 24 hour period. However, some bugs can be very difficult to repeat and if it can’t be replicated we can’t be sure that we fixed it. Recently we have had people send us phone camera video and snap shots of the computer screen which we have found hugely helpful in understand difficult to describe bugs. A good snap shot or clip can tell us a great deal.
With this in mind hears our tip for good feedback,
- Send your workspace files – this is important so that we are looking at the same program as you are.
- Send the Artist log file – this can tell us a whole lot about the devices on your computer and what potential problems there might be.
- A phone screen snap shot of what appears on the screen or, even better, a short phone video clip of the events leading up to a problem and, if relevant, a clip of what the lights do in response.
- A short description of any details you consider important.
- A mobile phone contact – in general we will text you when the problem is solved and email you details of where to find the fix.
This is particularly for all those operators that no one will believe. Now you can you can prove it!