This procedure sets up one 8 port XNet interface on Artnet.
- Set the IP address of the Ethernet port on the Artist computer to 126.96.36.199 and the sub-net mask to 255.0.0.0
- Start Artist
- Right-click Navigator/Resources/Interface Manager/Artnet and select Properties
- In the Select Network combobox, select 188.8.131.52
- Check Enable
- Click OK
- Connect the XNet interface Ethernet port with a cross-over Cat5 cable to the Ethernet port on the computer you have set up
- Set the XNet address switches to x100 = 1, x10 = 3 and x1 = 0 which is an IP of address of 184.108.40.206
- Set the XNet Universe and Subnet to 0. This is the default settings.
- Power up the XNet. Power off and on if the XNet was already powered.
- Under Navigator/Resourses/Interface Manager/Artnet you should now see 2 new item. 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
- Right-click on 22.214.171.124 and select Properties.
- Set the Outputs to 8 and Click OK.
- Right-click Navigator/Resources/Input Output Patch/DMX Outputs and select Properties.
- Set 8 universe to add
- Right-click Universe 1 and select Connect
- Select Artnet, Node – 126.96.36.199, Universe 1
- Repeat for each of the added Universe 2 through 8
The system is now setup to drive 8 Universe.