This procedure sets up one 8 port XNet interface on Artnet.
- Set the IP address of the Ethernet port on the Artist computer to 188.8.131.52 and the sub-net mask to 255.0.0.0
- Start Artist
- Right-click Navigator/Resources/Interface Manager/Artnet and select Properties
- In the Select Network combobox, select 184.108.40.206
- Check Enable
- Click OK
- Connect the XNet interface Ethernet port with a cross-over Cat5 cable to the Ethernet port on the computer you have set up
- Set the XNet address switches to x100 = 1, x10 = 3 and x1 = 0 which is an IP of address of 220.127.116.11
- Set the XNet Universe and Subnet to 0. This is the default settings.
- Power up the XNet. Power off and on if the XNet was already powered.
- Under Navigator/Resourses/Interface Manager/Artnet you should now see 2 new item. 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Right-click on 126.96.36.199 and select Properties.
- Set the Outputs to 8 and Click OK.
- Right-click Navigator/Resources/Input Output Patch/DMX Outputs and select Properties.
- Set 8 universe to add
- Right-click Universe 1 and select Connect
- Select Artnet, Node – 188.8.131.52, Universe 1
- Repeat for each of the added Universe 2 through 8
The system is now setup to drive 8 Universe.